General Terms & Conditions
Rainbow Law reserves the right to make changes to the Directory and these disclaimers, terms, and conditions at any time. The effective date of these Terms and Conditions of Use is December 31, 2013.
Should you have any legal questions please direct them to:
Rainbow Law, PO Box 141, Dellslow, West Virginia 26531
With a copy via email sent to email@example.com
1. Acceptance of Terms
3. Suspension or Discontinuation of the website service
3.1 Rainbow Law reserves the right at any time to suspend or discontinue the directory with or without notice to you. You agree that Rainbow Law shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any suspension or discontinuation of the website service.
4. Scope and Intent
4.1 These Terms and Conditions of Use govern your use of the Directory (www.rainbowlaw.com/directory) and its Services. You should carefully read these Terms and Conditions before using the Directory or its Services. You should also regularly review these Terms and Conditions as we may change them from time to time. You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time at http://www.rainbowlaw.com/terms-conditions
5. Services Eligibility
5.1 By listing on the Rainbow Law Directory to become a listed or featured organization or by accessing the Directory or any of its Services, you agree that:
- If you are an individual under 18 years old, you have so indicated during registration and you have obtained the consent of your parent or legal guardian to join the Directory.
- All Directory users, whether representing themselves as an individual or an organization, must agree not to engage in violence, illegal activity, discrimination, or hate.
6. Rainbow Law’s Organization Directory/Database.
6.1 The Organization Directory contains information about (i) nonprofit organizations, for-profit organizations, community groups, social enterprises and government agencies from around the world; and (ii) volunteer opportunities, jobs, internships, specials, competitions, events and other listings from around the world.
6.2 If you are the administrator of an organization, you can submit job openings, volunteer opportunities, events, internships or other information that can be posted on the Directory and stored in the Organization Directory/Database. When posting an event, you will be able to set RSVP preferences for that event.
6.3 Anyone can search and access the Organization Directory/Database for information about listed organizations and listings. Searches can be narrowed or expanded by adding and removing search terms, and/or by clicking on field values suggested by our system (e.g. country, city). More specific search query terms can be included to conduct more advanced searches.
7. Content and Ownership
7.1 As a social network, the majority of the content made available by Rainbow Law’s Directory is generated and posted by Users of the Directory. Our mission is to provide a safe space on the web so that no opportunity for action or collaboration is wasted and no connection is missed. However, we consider it to be the responsibility of all Users of the Directory to help make the web a safe and trusted place. Therefore, each User owns and is responsible for the content that s/he posts on our Directory, including information that s/he publishes and makes available for other Users to view.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
8.1 You agree that your use of the website service is entirely at your own risk. You expressly understand and agree that:
The service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Rainbow Law makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express, statutory or implied as to the operation of the service or the content available through the service. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, Rainbow Law hereby disclaims all warranties, express, statutory or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary rights. Without limiting any of the foregoing, Rainbow Law does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the content, information, text, graphics, links or other items available within the website service. Rainbow Law is not responsible for the conduct of any user of the website service. In addition, Rainbow Law does not warrant or covenant that the directory service will be available at any time or from any particular location, will be secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by any user from a service or organization listed on Rainbow Law’s Directory shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
Rainbow Law does not guarantee the functionality of external links.
The presence of information about 3rd parties and/or their products, items, services, events and website links on Rainbow Law’s Directory does not constitute or imply any form of endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by Rainbow Law.
Users and listed organizations who submit content or submissions to the website are responsible for the nature and content (including issues such as, but not limited to, legality, quality and accuracy) of their submissions.
If Rainbow Law fails to enforce any right or provision outlined in these conditions, it does not constitute a waiver of such rights or provisions.
Although the Rainbow Law Directory may serve as the initial point of contact between two or more parties, Rainbow Law does not take any responsibility for, nor will Rainbow Law be held liable for any actions, exchanges or transactions entered into by these parties and cannot warrant the validity and accuracy of the information, nor the quality of the products, items, services or information offered, nor the trustworthiness of third parties either on the website or via external links on the website.
8.2 By posting content on our Directory, you represent and warrant that:
- You are entitled to submit the content;
- The information is accurate;
- The information is not confidential;
- The posting of the information is not in violation of any applicable laws, contractual restrictions or other third party rights.
It is solely your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of your profile and submitted content and to update that information as appropriate.
9. License and Use of Content.
9.1 All of the information that you publish on the Directory reaches thousands of listed Users both through the Directory and via email alerts. This information may also be accessed by individuals not listed on the Directory when, for example, they receive information forwarded to them by someone else or if Rainbow Law Directory makes such information visible to all Internet users.
9.3 Additionally, with the objective of reaching more people and facilitating connections, you hereby grant Rainbow Law the right to share published information from our Directory with other sites with which we have partnerships (including Rainbow Law ’s social media sites). Information published on our Directory may become public information at the time of its distribution on other sites, via email alerts, RSS feeds, search engines, and other social media tools.
10. User-to-User Communication and Sharing
10.1 The Directory includes various forums and blogs where you can post your observations and comments on designated topics. Rainbow Law cannot guarantee that other Users will not use the ideas and information that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or do not want others to use, do not post it on the Directory.
10.2 Rainbow Law is not responsible for a User’s misuse or misappropriation of any content or information that you post in any forums, blogs, and other sections of the Directory.
11.1 As a condition to access and use the Directory and Services of the Rainbow Law Directory, you agree not to do the following:
- Use the Directory or Services for any purpose or in any manner that violates any local, state or federal law or regulation or that violates the law or regulation of any foreign government;
- Submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that is illegal, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, and/or racially, ethnically, or otherwise offensive;
- Submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, including without limitation, initiation or perpetuation of any “Spam,” “Junk Mail,” or any other potentially objectionable form of unsolicited communication;
- Submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property right, privacy right, or publicity right of any person or entity;
- Submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit without authorization any material that contains personal or private information concerning any third party person or entity, including without limitation, phone number(s) or addresses, credit/debit cards, calling cards, account numbers, Social Security numbers, passwords, or other similar information;
- Submit, upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other code, files or programs designed or known to disable, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer hardware, computer software or telecommunications equipment or facilities;
- Use any kind of automated tool, including but not limited to scripts, bots and other software, to try to collect information from the Directory or to break into any of its servers; or
- Disrupt or interfere (either directly or indirectly, intentionally or unintentionally) with the Directory or Services in any manner that may materially adversely affect Rainbow Law, you or any third party;
- Collect or store personal data with respect to third parties, except as contemplated by the Terms and Conditions, and then only for the express purpose of providing lawful communication that may reasonably be anticipated by such third parties;
- Post jobs, volunteer opportunities, internships, or other opportunities that do not provide equal access to individuals or groups, or use exclusionary language on the basis of race, origin, nationality, religion, language, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or physical or mental ability, unless the requirement is a bona fide or essential qualification of the position or opportunity;
- Impersonate another person or entity, including without limitation, a representative of Rainbow Law or its officers, directors, employees or agents; falsely represent or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity; or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers that would disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Directory or Services;
- Attribute any political content, advertisement or endorsement favoring a political party, political organization or political candidate to Rainbow Law or any of its officers, employees, volunteers, or directors.
12. Registration and Security
12.1 To use certain Services, you must get listed with the Directory and provide certain personal information. You agree that you will be responsible for maintaining any relevant password as confidential and for any activity that ours as a result of your enabling or permitting another person or entity to use your password. It is your responsibility to notify Rainbow Law (by post and email – see address above) in the event that (i) your password is lost or stolen, or (ii) you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of any other breach of security that might affect the Directory or its Services. Rainbow Law is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the provisions of this section.
13.1 When you list an item or use a service that has a fee, you have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged. Fees may change from time to time without notice.
13.2 All fees are quoted in United States Dollars (USD). You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with our Directory and Services in a timely manner with a valid payment method.
13.3 All fees paid will be non-refundable in the event that content is removed from the Directory or your account is suspended or terminated for violating the Terms and Conditions.
14. Third Party Links
14.1 The Directory may include links to other Internet websites. Because Rainbow Law has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that Rainbow Law is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that Rainbow Law shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
14.2 The Rainbow Law Directory may contain links to other related Internet web sites. No inference can be made, or representation implied, that Rainbow Law is affiliated to, operates or controls these linked websites. The linked websites are for the user’s convenience only and user access thereto is at the user’s own risk. When visiting linked websites the user must refer to that linked site’s individual terms and conditions of use and cannot rely on the terms and conditions contained herein.
14.3 You acknowledge and agree that such links are provided for your convenience and do not reflect an endorsement by Rainbow Law of the quality, reliability, or any other characteristic or feature of any such linked site. Rainbow Law is not responsible in any manner (including but not limited to any loss or injury you suffer as a result of using the linked site) for any matter associated with the linked site, including without limitation, the content provided on or through any such linked site or your reliance thereon.
14.4 Rainbow Law makes no representations or warranties with respect to any linked site. Your use of any linked site is solely at your own risk. In addition, you should be aware that your use of any linked site is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies applicable to that site.
15. Limitations of Liability
15.1 Rainbow Law shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Rainbow Law’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation. Without limiting the foregoing, Rainbow Law and licensors will not be liable under any theory of law, for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to loss of information or data, or loss of profits resulting from any aspect of your use of the service, whether the damages arise from use or misuse of the service, from inability to use the service or the interruption, suspension, modification, alteration or termination of the service, even if Rainbow Law Directory and its licensors have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Such limitation shall also apply with respect to damages incurred by reason of other services or products received through or advertised in connection with the website service or any links to third party websites found within the website service, as well as by reason of any information or advice received through the website service or any links to third party websites found within the website service. These limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
15.2 Furthermore, Rainbow Law shall not be held liable for:
- The content, legality, availability, accuracy or safety of linked content;
- The truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of content (including but not limited to references to third parties, products, services, items or events or to external websites) on this website;
- Any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages or losses arising from, or in any way associated with the use of this website;
- Damages resulting from the inability to use this website, the operational failure of the website or for any information, items, products, services, events obtained through this website or otherwise whether based on contract, strict liability or otherwise;
- Any damage, loss or liability that results form the use of content, items, products or services available from the website if such content, items, products or services were accessed through a hyperlink not directed at the homepage of the website.
Users who publish personal information or information regarding their organization on this Directory understand the risks they are exposing themselves to by sharing their information and making it public. It is possible that some people or organizations that are not affiliated with our Directory will take this information from www.rainbowlaw.com and contact you with inappropriate messages. Rainbow Law is not responsible for damages caused by inappropriate use of the information published by Users. As mentioned above, we can only remove information from the Directory or limit a User’s privileges, but we are unable to take action beyond this Directory.
15.3 You expressly understand and agree that Rainbow Law shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data loss, or other losses (even if Rainbow Law has been advised of the possibility of such damages) resulting from: (i) the use or inability to use the Directory or Services; (ii) any link provided in connection with the Directory or Services; (iii) your reliance on any portion of the Directory or Services; (iv) the interruption, suspension or termination of the Directory or any Services hereunder; (v) the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery, or failure to post or store any information; and/or (vi) any matter otherwise related to your use of the Directory or Services.
15.4 Rainbow Law is not involved in the relationship between individual users and organizations. If you have a dispute with another individual or organization, you understand that Rainbow Law is not required to assist you in the dispute. You hereby agree to release Rainbow Law from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with any such disputes or use of the Directory and its Services. You understand that the Directory and its Services may only be used for lawful purposes. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the Directory and its Services. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness and usefulness of all information you access or obtain through the Directory and its Services. We are also not responsible for the behavior of individuals or organizations outside of the Directory, as a part of society. Our intervention is limited to provide a space to publish information and thus generate connections.
16.1 You agree to indemnify and hold Rainbow Law, its licensors, employees, sponsors, directors, employees, affiliates, successors, assigns, members, officers, service providers and suppliers, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) the content you submit, post or make available through the website service, (ii) your use of the website service, (iii) a violation of these Terms & Conditions of Use by you, (iv) your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein or (v) the infringement or violation by you of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
17. Jurisdiction and law